AVirtual is a remote staffing platform that brings together the best South African talent under one roof to help companies thrive in an ever-changing world. From web developers to virtual assistants, customer support specialists, bookkeepers, copywriters, social media managers, designers, and more, we match companies with remote talent to deliver projects, tackle ongoing tasks, and fill critical roles as an extension of their team. AVG is home to highly-skilled professionals at the top of their game. If you want to work with different clients, across a variety of industries, while enjoying a flexible work-life balance, AVG is looking for you.
WordPress Developers are responsible for designing and implementing websites for our clients using the WordPress CMS. You will be responsible for front-end and back-end development, including implementing themes and plugins. The goal is to create attractive, user-friendly websites matching client specifications.
- Develop websites on the WordPress CMS.
- Manage and maintain company websites and servers.
- Work alongside project managers and designers to deliver
projects within quoted timelines.
- Work on projects with multiple developers.
- Find custom and unique solutions to client’s requests.
- Identifying project pain points and finding solutions.
What we’re looking for
- You should possess in-depth knowledge of the front-end developer languages and a keen eye for digital design aesthetics as well as good content skills.
- Able to create attractive and user-friendly WordPress websites that meet both design and functionality aspects of the client brief.
- Able to design and manage the back end, including the database and the server integration.
- Experience in conducting website performance tests.
- Troubleshooting content issues.
- In-depth knowledge of Elementor and Elementor Pro, WPBakery, and other page builders.
- In-depth knowledge of Elementor Templates and Dynamic Content.
- In-depth Knowledge of Advanced Custom Fields and Custom Post Types.
- In-depth knowledge of Responsive Designs.
- In-depth knowledge of WordPress Migration.
- Basic understanding of Gravity Forms, Mailchimp and Instagram integration.
- In-depth knowledge of cPanel.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Monitoring and maintainng the performances of websites.
- Shopify experience advantageous.
What you need to work for AVG
Do we tick all your dream job boxes? Here are our requirements:
- SA Citizenship or valid SA work visa
- Relevant qualifications and experience (varies by role)
- Proficient Client Relationship Management and top-notch professional English communication
- Your personal computer/laptop running a Windows 8 or later / MacOS 10.14 or later, licenced operating system
- Minimum internet speed of 20/20mbps or higher
- A dedicated well lit, home office space for effective remote work
- Infrastructure to sustain work during load shedding, particularly for internet and computer/laptop reliability
Ready to join our team of remote talent?
Fill out our application form to apply now