AVirtual is a remote staffing platform that brings together the best South African talent under one roof to help companies thrive in an ever-changing world. From web developers to virtual assistants, customer support specialists, bookkeepers, copywriters, social media managers, designers, and more, we match companies with remote talent to deliver projects, tackle ongoing tasks, and fill critical roles as an extension of their team. AVG is home to highly-skilled professionals at the top of their game. If you want to work with different clients, across a variety of industries, while enjoying a flexible work-life balance, AVG is looking for you.
As a Virtual Assistant, you will play a crucial role in providing remote administrative and operational support to businesses and individuals. From scheduling appointments to handling correspondence, your ability to handle diverse tasks will contribute to the smooth operation of our clients’ endeavours.
- Multiple inbox and message management.
- Calendar management across time zones and managing multiple inboxes.
- Schedule and book appointments.
- Online personal errands.
- Phone calls, notifications and reminders.
- Research, preparation of reports and presentations.
- Online records, data capture and digital file organisation.
- Accurately taking and compiling meeting minutes.
- Travel research and booking arrangements.
- Webinar administration.
- Basic financial admin and CRM management beneficial.
- Basic design skills beneficial (Canva or similar).
What we’re looking for
- Strong organisational skills to manage schedules, coordinate tasks, and handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Efficiently manage time and priorities to meet deadlines and optimise productivity.
- Being flexible and adaptable to changing situations, tasks, and priorities.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to identify challenges and find solutions quickly and effectively.
- Be comfortable around technology and willing and able to learn new applications and software quickly.
- Maintaining utmost discretion and handling sensitive information with professionalism.
- Extremely proactive. Anticipating needs, taking initiative, and offering assistance before being asked.
- Maintaining a positive, can-do attitude even in challenging situations.
- Be extremely self-sufficient and able to make decisions on your own. Procrastinators need not apply!
Specialist skills (Advantageous):
Clients often request support that includes basic tasks as listed above but also require various combinations of specialist skills.
While it is not mandatory to able to carry out all the specialist skills, the following skills and experience would be highly advantageous for this role:
Sales and customer support skills
- Sales support, lead qualification, nurturing and reporting.
- Customer services including outreach, complaints, nurturing, retention, and onboarding.
- Order processing and tracking.
- CRM Management.
- Live chat management.
Finance support skills
- Finance assistance such as invoicing, debt collection, data capturing etc.
- Bookkeeping assistance.
- Finance packages like Xero or similar.
Additional industry-specific knowledge
- Experience in property management, real estate transactions, or property documentation.
- HR Support and Recruitment admin: Familiarity with human resources processes, recruitment coordination, and employee onboarding.
- Marketing admin and support: Knowledge of digital marketing, content creation, and social media management.
- Admin support for medical/health practitioners: Understanding medical terminology, patient scheduling, and health record management.
- Project Coordination: Ability to coordinate and manage projects, ensuring seamless collaboration and timely execution.
What you need to work for AVG
Do we tick all your dream job boxes? Here are our requirements:
- SA Citizenship or valid SA work visa
- Relevant qualifications and experience (varies by role)
- Proficient Client Relationship Management and top-notch professional English communication
- Your personal computer/laptop running a Windows 8 or later / MacOS 10.14 or later, licenced operating system
- Minimum internet speed of 20/20mbps or higher
- A dedicated well lit, home office space for effective remote work
- Infrastructure to sustain work during load shedding, particularly for internet and computer/laptop reliability
Ready to join our team of remote talent?
Fill out our application form to apply now