AVirtual is a remote staffing platform that brings together the best South African talent under one roof to help companies thrive in an ever-changing world. From web developers to virtual assistants, customer support specialists, bookkeepers, copywriters, social media managers, designers, and more, we match companies with remote talent to deliver projects, tackle ongoing tasks, and fill critical roles as an extension of their team. AVG is home to highly-skilled professionals at the top of their game. If you want to work with different clients, across a variety of industries, while enjoying a flexible work-life balance, AVG is looking for you.
As a Social Media Manager, you’ll curate and manage brands’ online presence. Develop strategies, create content, and engage with audiences to drive growth. Your role brings brands to life in the digital realm, fostering meaningful connections and expanding reach. Create and execute dynamic social media plans that resonate and inspire action.
- Develop creative and clever social media marketing strategies and set objectives to increase brand awareness and drive engagement.
- Manage clients’ social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Create social media content calendars that integrate with marketing timelines.
- Plan content and delivery using tools like Hootsuite and Asana to manage multiple social media channels.
- Liaise with clients via telephone, email, conference calls etc., regularly.
- Identify digital marketing / social media trends and being able to apply them to clients’ accounts.
- Research the digital marketing / social media industry, competitors and present it to clients.
- Implement and solidify strong communication points with your clients, encouraging healthy expectations and constructive feedback to aid an excellent delivery standard.
- Manage and improve quality through testing, reporting and client communications.
- Collaborate with other departments in the business.
- Produce monthly reports for clients containing a description of your monthly activity, suitable insights/ advice and recommendations and a clear summary of performance against the key performance indicators and metrics agreed with the customer.
What we’re looking for
- Experience in account management and high attention to detail. You must be able to collaborate, take the lead and work as part of the team.
- You have a high-level understanding of social media; you know Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok and Instagram inside out.
- You love social media and are passionate about making it a tool for good.
- You love creating unique content that thrills and engages audiences.
- You are a social media chameleon! You can manage multiple social media accounts, keeping “on brand” for each platform while switching between accounts.
- You should be comfortable discussing social media strategies and continuously updating clients through social media reports.
- You have a good understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics.
- Email marketing knowledge and experience advantageous.
- Experience with doing audience and buyer persona research.
- Good understanding of social media KPIs.
- Knowledge of third-party software (e.g. Hootsuite, SproutSocial or equivalent) to measure the effectiveness of social activity.
- You should be extremely self-sufficient and able to make decisions on your own.
- Strong desire to help people and a positive attitude at all times,
- Excellent verbal and written skills with focus on UK English grammar and nuances.
What you need to work for AVG
Do we tick all your dream job boxes? Here are our requirements:
- SA Citizenship or valid SA work visa
- Relevant qualifications and experience (varies by role)
- Proficient Client Relationship Management and top-notch professional English communication
- Your personal computer/laptop running a Windows 8 or later / MacOS 10.14 or later, licenced operating system
- Minimum internet speed of 20/20mbps or higher
- A dedicated well lit, home office space for effective remote work
- Infrastructure to sustain work during load shedding, particularly for internet and computer/laptop reliability
Ready to join our team of remote talent?
Fill out our application form to apply now