AVirtual is a remote staffing platform that brings together the best South African talent under one roof to help companies thrive in an ever-changing world. From web developers to virtual assistants, customer support specialists, bookkeepers, copywriters, social media managers, designers, and more, we match companies with remote talent to deliver projects, tackle ongoing tasks, and fill critical roles as an extension of their team. AVG is home to highly-skilled professionals at the top of their game. If you want to work with different clients, across a variety of industries, while enjoying a flexible work-life balance, AVG is looking for you.
As a Graphic Designer, you’ll craft compelling visuals that captivate audiences. Transform concepts into eye-catching designs while collaborating with teams. Your role brings creativity to life, conveying messages through impactful visual storytelling. Create engaging visuals that resonate and communicate effectively.
- Interpret client briefs.
- Collaborate with in-house digital marketing specialists and
social media managers.
- Create dynamic designs for a broad range of client types.
- Work within a specialist team that supports each other in their creative endeavours.
- Occasionally meet with international clients via video call to talk through creative concepts.
What we’re looking for
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Great listening skills and high attention to detail.
- Extremely organised, excellent time management skills and able
to manage workload to meet deadlines.
- Be comfortable around technology and willing and able to learn
new applications and software quickly.
- Professional attitude at all times.
- Quick learner in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure.
- Be extremely self-sufficient and able to make decisions on your own.
- Collaborative, innovative and flexible across multiple projects.
- Be ambitious, a great team player and a great work ethic.
- Strong graphic design, layout, and analytical skills (typography & typesetting design principles are a must).
- Deadline-oriented and acute vision.
- Desktop publishing tools and graphic design software – being efficient/having experience within Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. Also, being comfortable with online design tools such as Canva & Mailchimp.
- Digital (UI, UX design), Branding and designing for print.
- Video editing (using tools such as Adobe After Effects or similar) is beneficial.
- Understanding/being comfortable with both web and paid ads design (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Google).
- You should have a portfolio of work highlighting your graphic design abilities and proven track record.
What you need to work for AVG
Do we tick all your dream job boxes? Here are our requirements:
- SA Citizenship or valid SA work visa
- Relevant qualifications and experience (varies by role)
- Proficient Client Relationship Management and top-notch professional English communication
- Your personal computer/laptop running a Windows 8 or later / MacOS 10.14 or later, licenced operating system
- Minimum internet speed of 20/20mbps or higher
- A dedicated well lit, home office space for effective remote work
- Infrastructure to sustain work during load shedding, particularly for internet and computer/laptop reliability
Ready to join our team of remote talent?
Fill out our application form to apply now