AVirtual is a remote staffing platform that brings together the best South African talent under one roof to help companies thrive in an ever-changing world. From web developers to virtual assistants, customer support specialists, bookkeepers, copywriters, social media managers, designers, and more, we match companies with remote talent to deliver projects, tackle ongoing tasks, and fill critical roles as an extension of their team. AVG is home to highly-skilled professionals at the top of their game. If you want to work with different clients, across a variety of industries, while enjoying a flexible work-life balance, AVG is looking for you.
As a Digital Marketing Manager, you’ll be responsible for the overall management and performance of the account. You’ll strategise and oversee comprehensive online campaigns, direct teams, analyse data and optimise activities for maximum impact. Your role drives brands forward in the digital landscape, ensuring cohesive and successful marketing efforts. Spearhead dynamic digital strategies that yield exceptional results and drive business growth.
- Developing creative and effective digital marketing plans based on sound research and insights to achieve client objectives.
- Establish comprehensive commercial strategies, incorporating individualised performance targets and objectives for client
accounts under your management. These strategies are designed to surpass both client and company business expectations.
- Develop a strong understanding of the products, competition, industry and marketing goals of your clients.
- Manage and assist in the implementation of digital marketing strategies with your account management team.
- Able to identify opportunities to increase the growth, and retention of your clients.
- Implement and solidify strong communication points with your clients that encourage healthy expectations and constructive feedback to aid a great delivery standard.
- Manage and improve quality through testing, reporting and client communications.
- Collaborate with other departments in the business.
- Produce monthly reports for clients containing a description of your monthly activity, recommendations and a clear summary of performance against the key performance indicators and metrics agreed with the customer.
What we’re looking for
- Build and maintain positive relationships with clients.
- Exceptional team player with the confidence and integrity to earn client and internal team confidence quickly.
- Exceptional, effective business professional communication and client presentation skills.
- Solid understanding of digital marketing and the ability to communicate and implement digital marketing processes clearly.
- Collaborative, innovative and flexible across multiple projects.
- You should be extremely self-sufficient and able to make decisions on your own.
- You should be comfortable around technology and willing and able to learn new applications and software quickly.
- Experience in managing, mentoring, training and leading small teams is beneficial.
- Strong desire to help people and a positive attitude at all times.
- Experience in account management and high attention to detail. You must be able to collaborate, take the lead and work as part of the team.
- You have a high-level understanding of social media; you know Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok and Instagram inside out.
- You should be comfortable discussing digital marketing strategies and continuously updating clients through performance reports.
- You have a good understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics.
- Email marketing knowledge and experience advantageous.
- Experience with doing audience and buyer persona research.
- Good understanding of digital marketing KPIs.
- Knowledge of third-party software (e.g. Hootsuite, SproutSocial or equivalent) to measure the effectiveness of social activity.
- Excellent verbal and written skills with focus on UK English grammar and nuances.
What you need to work for AVG
Do we tick all your dream job boxes? Here are our requirements:
- SA Citizenship or valid SA work visa
- Relevant qualifications and experience (varies by role)
- Proficient Client Relationship Management and top-notch professional English communication
- Your personal computer/laptop running a Windows 8 or later / MacOS 10.14 or later, licenced operating system
- Minimum internet speed of 20/20mbps or higher
- A dedicated well lit, home office space for effective remote work
- Infrastructure to sustain work during load shedding, particularly for internet and computer/laptop reliability
Ready to join our team of remote talent?
Fill out our application form to apply now